Friday, May 20, 2011

Twas the night before May 21st....

Twas the night before the rapture and all through the land; a lot of creatures were stirring, even a pre-rapture band. Their Bibles in hand while looking up with great care; in hopes that Lord would come quickly with enough taxi fare. My children were dressing to crawl into bed; never thought about next week while laying down their sweet head. And Mom in her rocker with Ipad on lap; was listening to Air1 Radio while I took a nap. When out of the East there arose a great clatter; I jumped to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash; threw open the window, I thought a cat was in my trash! Then what to my wondering eyes should appear; But the neighbor outside proclaiming that Jesus was near. With a flashlight in hand like the sun changing night into day; I thought for a moment, "This man is in a drug induced haze!" The ramblings he spewed made me pull the hair from my head; because the rapture wasn’t yet occurring like he had said. And though I restrained myself in regards to my health; I cried out with concern in spite of myself. The precious Bible which He held within his very hands; Contained the Truth about the rapture that was escaping this man. I spoke not a word as he called out my name; Then he said, "You should have listened to Harold Camping, but now, what a shame." The people who were expecting Saturday probably meant it in love; but come Sunday they might be still looking upwards to Heaven above. With those who know the Truth, we need to witness abound; so no one looks foolish just standing around. , I turned back towards my bed because it was late; and thought to myself, at least this wasn’t another “Heaven’s gate.” I laid back into bed with the neighbor out of my sight; and I thought to myself, I need to witness to this man after this foolish night.

No comments:

Post a Comment